April 20, 2012

Bios


Bios
Bios by Robert Charles Wilson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Like many sci-fi stories, this one was based around a single concept (which I can't really talk about or it'll spoil the book). There's not really anything wrong with that, but it does tend to make the characters' stories less compelling. In such a short book it's hard to to really work up much emotional connection to the characters, although the author does sketch out a reasonable back story for the two main characters.

This book is well-written and interesting. It might have been better if it were longer, which is not something I say too often. But with more length he might have developed some of the ideas better. I just feel like the denouement could have been expanded a little.

All in all, if you're a fan of sci-fi or just Robert Charles Wilson, I'd certainly recommend this book to you.



View all my reviews

No comments: