February 24, 2006

Neil Gaiman's Sandman



I don't know what I could say about Sandman that hasn't been said before. Neil Gaiman is a fantastic writer and Dave Mckean is a fantastic illustrator. It's amazing that Gaiman managed to produce so many books without a single one feeling like a wasted effort. All I can say is, if you haven't read this because you don't read comics, you've missed one of the greatest additions to literature that the modern era has produced. I've read a lot of books, and I tell you there are few authors who can craft a story like Neil Gaiman.

2 comments:

Alexander Wolfe said...

I really enjoyed The Sandman series, but I have to admit I'm not really sure what happened in the end, and I'm not sure if that's just my fault or if the story was meant to be as cryptic to me as it was.

Nat-Wu said...

Well, you can't view it as if there was an end. Gaiman may even return to it at some point. And yeah, I don't know what happened either.